[ Cohana ] Awaji Kawara Magnetic Needle Rest with Needle Polisher ( 45-258, 45-259, 45-260, 45-261, 45-262 )
A flower motif Awaji Kawara magnetic needle rest with needle polisher in "Cohana" brand from Kawaguchi, Japanese manufacturer.
Awaji Island in Hyogo Prefecture, blessed with good soil, is one of the leading Kawara (Japanese traditional roof tiles) producing areas in Japan. This flower motif Awaji Kawara Magnetic Needle Rest with Needle Polisher is created with the Awaji's rich soil and the skilled artisans at Irakato.
The origin of Awaji Kawara dates back to 1610. The first Kawara roof tiles were made for Japanese castles, and later developed along with the construction rush of various types of buildings in the Edo period. There are several types of Awaji Kawara depending on how they are made, and this item is classified as a ceramic tile that is glazed and fired. Different colors of glaze create unique expressions. Each one has its own uniqueness, resulting in a colorful needle rest that adds charm to your handicraft time.
A magnet is built inside the Kawara ceramic. The magnetic needle rest is a handy sewing accessory that can keep your sewing needles safe during your projects. Also a needle polisher is built in. To polish the needle, slowly insert the needle tip into the hole on the side and slowly pull the needle out while pushing up on the bottom part. Polishing will improve the needle's path through the cloth.
[ How to use the needle polisher ]
1. Slowly insert a needle from the tip into the hole on the side and pull the needle out. Please be careful of the needle tip.
2. For better polishing, after inserting the needle, move it back and forth while pushing up on the logo mark on the bottom also rotate the needle several times to polish the entire surface.
3. In case abrasive dust adheres to the needle, wipe it off with a cloth before using the needle.
"Cohana" brand is high quality handmade tools made by the selective use of regional products and the best craftsmanship.
The brand name 'Cohana' is derived from the goddess Konohanasakuya-hime from Japanese mythology.
Konohanasakuya-hime is beautiful like the blooming of cherry tree blossoms, and worshipped as a goddess of Mt. Fuji, the symbol of Japan, and symbolises prosperity.
[ Product size ]
* All measurements are approximate. Please note in advance that the actual dimensions of the product may slightly vary.
[ Handling Precautions ]
* Each piece of ware may be different, even if the same technique is used, due to the climate, the clay, and the natural minerals in the glaze. Please enjoy it as a texture.
* Keep away from electronic devices that are affected by magnetism, such as computers, cell phones, etc.
* Stainless steel needles may not respond to magnetic force.
* Needle polisher should be used when needles are dirty and no longer sharp. Excessive needle polishing may cause scratches and rust on the needles.
* Please note that short needles can get into the needle polisher.
* Synthetic leather on the bottom may cause color fading or stains when it gets wet with water or sweat.
* Dropping or impacting the product may cause damage to the product.
* Keep out of the reach of infants.
Related Products : Cohana Products
* As our product is being sold in the actual shop and the online shop in parallel, there is a possibility that it may be sold out. Please kindly cancel the order if this happens.