[ Cohana / Order Product ] Iida Mizuhiki Sewing Pins ( 45-226, 45-227, 45-228, 45-229 )
* This item will be ordered from the manufacturer and will take some time to be delivered.
Sewing pins with a beautiful Mizuhiki decoration called Awaji-dama on top
Iida Mizuhiki has been handed down as a traditional handcraft for generations in Nagano Prefecture. Mizuhiki decoration called Awaji-dama is used to make a top of Cohana's sewing pin.
Established in 1961, KINOSHITA MIZUHIKI strives by developing new products that meet the needs of the times, while values the artisan's skills and Mizuhiki traditions.
In Japan Mizuhiki is essential for formal gifts, which is said to have originated as far back as in 7th century. Mizuhiki is a decorative paper cord created by twisting Washi paper and hardening with glue coating.There are many ways to express the feelings of the gift-sender with the choice of Mizuhiki colors, numbers and how they are tied for the different type of occasions.
Iida Mizuhiki Sewing Pins are available in 4 colors. Each set comes in 3 sewing pins: a calm dark color, a bright light color, and a sparkling white color with glitters. The durable steel-and-nickel pins are manufactured in Hiroshima, a city with a 300-year history of high-quality needle production. Rigorous quality control ensures that pins are of uniform thickness and length and pierce cloth with ease.These sewing pins add a touch of glamour to your sewing toolbox.
Producing Region : Nagano, Hiroshima
Misuhiki | KINOSHITA MIZUHIKI / Iida City, Nagano
Established in 1961. KINOSHITA MIZUHIKI values the "和 harmony" of the materials that mizuhiki is made of, pass on the "結 tie and connect" technique, create the "beauty" of mizuhiki's curves, and manufacture products that are handmade using the "匠 artisan techniques" of our predecessors.
They also strive by developing new products that meet the needs of the times, without forgetting the value of the artisan's skills and Mizuhiki.
[ Products size ]
Mizuhiki diameter 8mm
* All measurements are approximate. Please note in advance that the actual dimensions of the product may slightly vary.
* The length of the needle may change slightly due to the welding of glass balls.
Made in Japan
[ Handling Precautions ]
* Since they are handmade, there are slight differences in size and pattern.
* The top of the sewing pin may come off if you pull too strong.
* Due to the characteristics of paper, Mizuhiki may be blurred, but please enjoy it as a texture.
* The Mizuhiki top is made of paper so fading, discoloration, and deformation may occur due to water, friction, humidity, and ultraviolet rays.
* The pin top is sensitive to heat, so please be careful not to expose it to heat such as from an iron, as this may cause damage.
* Wipe off sweat and grease after use.
* The needle tip is sharp and dangerous, so be careful when handling lost needles.
* Please note that using it for anything other than sewing may cause damage or injury.
* Keep out of reach of infants.
Related Products : Cohana Products
* As our product is being sold in the actual shop and the online shop in parallel, there is a possibility that it may be sold out. Please kindly cancel the order if this happens.