[ Cohana / Order product ] Small Scissors with Lacquered Handles (Tamenuri) ( 45-139 )
* This product will be ordered from the manufacturer and will take some time to be delivered.
The fine scissors made in Seki City, Gifu Prefecture, the city of cutlery and their handles are finished with lacquer coatings.
These beautiful small scissors are perfect for detailed cutting work such as quilting or embroidery.
The blades are created by Hasegawa Cutlery, a manufacturer of edged tools established in 1933 and located in Seki, Japan's foremost cutlery-making town. Blades are forged and hand-fitted by master craftsmen for a sharp edge and a smooth, hitch-free cutting experience.
Each pair of small scissors is handcrafted by a craftsman to adjust the engagement of the blades in order to achieve a sharp cutting edge.
The final steps of the finishing process "Koba-biki" and "Tip Shaving" require the senses and experienced skills of the artisan.
Since the blade are delicately finished in with tapered tip, it is easy to use for detailed work of sewing and handicraft.
With handles decorated by our partners at Ehara Lacquer Works of Nagoya, each set of scissors displays the elegance of traditional Buddhist lacquerware typically reserved for temples.
Smooth-fitting and easy to use, the warm lacquer handles are as functional as they are beautiful.
Red handles are finished with the Shunuri technique, which is used to produce a vibrant vermillion red, considered the color of celebration across Asia.
Each set of scissors comes in a leather case with a gilt tassel, protected by a cloth wrapping.
The cloth can be used as a cleaning cloth for the lacquered handles. With proper maintenance they should last a lifetime.
Producing Regions : Aichi & Gifu
[ Producer ]
Lacquer｜Ehara Lacquer Works / Nagoya, Aichi
Lacquer factory founded in 1970 in Nagoya City, Aichi Prefecture. They mainly make lacquer items and Buddhist altars for temples and households. In recent years, they have been producing various lacquered works other than traditional Buddhist altars.
Scissors｜Hasegawa Cutlery / Seki,Gifu
A cutlery manufacturer established in 1933 in Seki City, Gifu Prefecture, one of Japan's leading cutlery towns. The reliable quality was born from the outstanding technology and abundant knowledge cultivated through history. Their products have pleasant sharpness that cannot be found anywhere else.
[ Product Size ]
Full length 105mm
* All measurements are for reference. Please note in advance that the actual dimensions and weight of the product may slightly vary.
[ Package Size ]
[ Handling Precautions ]
* Please handle with care as the cutting edge is sharp.
* If the scissors get wet, wipe them off to prevent rust.
* If you forcibly cut a hard object, the blade will not mesh properly and it may damage the blade.
* Dropping or giving a shock may cause damage.
* Please store in a case after use.
* Since the case is made of genuine leather, it may expand and contract slightly. If it gets wet with water or sweat, it may cause discoloration stains.
* If you are concerned about grease or fingerprints, gently wipe it off with the included cleaner cloth.
* Avoid storing in hot, humid and direct sunlight as lacquer may discolor.
* Do not polish with a coarse cloth or abrasive as it may cause scratches.
* Lacquer may get irritated depending on your constitution. If you feel any abnormality, discontinue use and consult a doctor.
* Keep out of reach of infants.
Related Products : Cohana Products
*As our product is being sold in the actual shop and the online shop in parallel, there is a possibility that it may be sold out. Please kindly cancel the order if this happens.