[ Cohana / Order Product ] Shozaburo Thread Snips with Iga Silk Braid ( 45-015, 45-016, 45-017. 45-018 )
Due to the manufacturer's price revision, the price has been changed from October 13, 2023.
* This item will be ordered from the manufacturer and will take some time to be delivered.
Shozaburo scissors are crafted in Tokyo with the utmost care, one pair at a time, by artisans with a commitment to excellence. These scissors are beloved by sewing enthusiasts throughout the world as being of the highest quality, cutting thread and fabric with ease. With proper maintenance, they are a treasure that lasts a lifetime.
The methods of forging Japanese Samurai swords were adapted in the Edo period (1603-1868) to craft Japanese scissors, and our maker Shozaburo & Co., Ltd. still uses these time-honored techniques as part of a long lineage of excellent craftsmanship.
The handles of Shozaburo scissors are wrapped with Iga silk braids. These braids, also known as kumihimo, have been manufactured in the Iga region for over 1300 years and were traditionally used in samurai armor. The master craftsman at Matsushima Kumihimo-ten in Iga winds the silk threads by hand and weaves them into braids, bringing out their unique luster. The braids are dyed with rich colors and wound around the steel handles of the scissors.
Shozaburo Thread Snips are aesthetically pleasing and gentle on the hands, making for a delightful sewing experience.
[ Products size ]
Total Length 108mm
Blade Length 36mm
* All measurements are approximate. Please note in advance that the actual dimensions of the product may slightly vary.
Made in Japan
[ Handling Precautions ]
* The blades are sharp, so please handle with care.
Before use, wipe off applied oil on the surface of blades so as not to stain anything you cut.
* To prevent the blade from rusting, lightly wipe the silver part of the blade with an oiled cloth after use, and store it in the case.
* This product is for thread and cloth only. Do not use it for anything other than thread or cloth.
* As a characteristic of silk, fading and discoloration may occur due to friction, moisture, and ultraviolet rays.
* Dropping or impacting the product may cause damage.
* The case is made of genuine leather and may stretch or shrink slightly. Getting wet with water or sweat may cause the color to fade or stain.
* Keep out of reach of infants.
Related Products : Cohana Products
* As our product is being sold in the actual shop and the online shop in parallel, there is a possibility that it may be sold out. Please kindly cancel the order if this happens.