[ Cohana / Order product ] Hexagonal Temari Box ( 45-187, 45-188, 45-189, 45-190 )
* This item will be ordered from the manufacturer and will take some time to be delivered.
This box is made with the wild cherry trees of the Tohoku region and topped with a handcrafted temari as a knob. Perfect for small sewing notions or other odds and ends, this elegant hexagonal box doubles as a sleek yet traditional piece of home decor.
The hexagonal shape of the box is common in Japanese home goods, as it is thought to bring harmony and stability to a household. Hand-woven balls of thread, called temari, were traditionally cherished as gifts symbolizing loyalty, friendship, and a blessed life in old Japan.
Temari balls are made by NONA. As if receiving life from nature again, NONA carefully extracts the colors from the plants and trees, dyes the threads, and uses the threads to make Temari. NONA, conveying tradition to the present with a new sensibility, creates products that are new, yet somehow remind us of the sense of time spent traveling.
Using familiar natural materials, NONA dyes the threads in the gentle colors that only nature can produce, which results in a hand made tamari balls that are both delicate and modern, a mixture of tradition and sense of freedom.
Traditional Japanese patterns are expressed on a small Temari.
Each Temari Ball is decorated with Japanese traditional patterns.
Yellow ( Hishi-tsunagi:Water chestnuts )
Pink ( Bara-kagari: Rose )
Green ( Asanoha: Hemp leaves )
Blue ( Kiku-kagari: Chrysanthemum )
[ Set Contents / Size ]
Hexagonal Temari Box / Diameter 90mm, Height 73mm (Box 50mm + Temari 23mm), Weight 68g
* All measurements are for reference. Please note in advance that the actual dimensions and weight of the product may slightly vary.
[ Handling precautions ]
* Since natural wood is used, there are differences in color and grain depending on the product.
* Please avoid water damage.
* Gently wipe the surface with a dry cloth.
* The lid is designed to cover the main body lightly. Be careful not to drop it as it may cause damage when you lift it.
* The handle of the Temari may come off if it is pulled strongly, turned, or given an impact. Do not place heavy objects on the Temari.
* Please note that pulling the thread of the Temari may cause fraying. Please note that the product cannot be replaced or repaired if the Temari is frayed or damaged during use.
* Do not leave in direct sunlight, high temperature, or high humidity. It may cause discoloration, deformation and mold.
* Keep out of reach of infants.
Related Products : Cohana Products
*As our product is being sold in the actual shop and the online shop in parallel, there is a possibility that it may be sold out. Please kindly cancel the order if this happens.