[ Cohana / Order product ] Linen Cloth Sashiko Kit (Shippo), 45-296 45-297
* This product will be ordered from the manufacturer and will take some time to be delivered.
Sashiko Kit with the Rich Linen Epression and Feel
This is a Sashiko kit made with fine linen woven in Hamamatsu City, Shizuoka Prefecture, which has a great reputation for its quality as Enshu textiles. Even beginners can easily enjoy Sashiko by simply stitching on the printed lines of the linen cloth.
Blessed with a mild climate and rich nature, the Enshu area has flourished since the Edo period as one of Japan's three major cotton textile production areas, along with Senshu in Osaka and Mikawa in Aichi. Linen woven by artisans, now few in number, is a precious product that conveys the traditions and techniques of Enshu textiles that have been passed down through generations. The needle passes through the fabric easily, and the texture has rich look and feel that can only be achieved with natural materials.
The stitch patterns are printed on the linen cloth with special ink that disappears with water. The Japanese traditional pattern"Shippo Tsunagi" is arranged and used for the design on the linen cloth. The overlapping circles symbolize "happiness," "harmony," and "connections." The design is believed to bring good luck.
In order to enhance the texture of the natural linen, the Sashiko thread is also carefully selected. Sashiko thread is made of cotton dyed with natural plants. Kit includes a handmade tassel with tiny handmade Temari ball charm. The cloth is 50 cm square, which is a size that can be used in various ways depending on your ideas.
Enjoy life with handmade linens with Cohana.
[ Producers ]
Linen cloth | KIJINOMORI Co.,LTD. / Shizuoka
Hamamatsu City, Shizuoka Prefecture is famous for Enshu textiles. Using the skills and careful handwork of craftsmen cultivated over many years, the company produces textiles that value the rich expression of the natural materials.
Sashiko thread & Tassel charm | NONA Temari & Natural Dye / Tokyo
As if to receive lives again from nature, they carefully take colors from plants and trees, dye the threads, and produce temari with the threads. Conveying tradition to the present with a new sensibility, they create products that are new, yet somehow remind us of the sense of time spent for traveling.
[ Kit contents / Size / Materials ]
Linen cloth 1pc / 500mm x 500mm / Linen
Sashiko thread 1pc / Cotton
Sashiko needle 1pc / Steel
Tassele charm 1pc / Cotton, Polypropylene, Stainless steel
* All measurements are approximate. Please note in advance that the actual dimensions of the product may slightly vary.
[ Package Size ]
[ Handling Precautions ]
* Each piece of ware may be different, even if the same technique is used, due to the climate, the clay, and the natural minerals in the glaze. Please enjoy it as a texture.
* Keep away from electronic devices that are affected by magnetism, such as computers, cell phones, etc.
* Stainless steel needles may not respond to magnetic force.
* Needle polisher should be used when needles are dirty and no longer sharp. Excessive needle polishing may cause scratches and rust on the needles.
* Please note that short needles can get into the needle polisher.
* Synthetic leather on the bottom may cause color fading or stains when it gets wet with water or sweat.
* Dropping or impacting the product may cause damage to the product.
* Keep out of the reach of infants.
Related Products : Cohana Products
* As our product is being sold in the actual shop and the online shop in parallel, there is a possibility that it may be sold out. Please kindly cancel the order if this happens.