[ Cohana / Order product ] Awaji Kawara Seam Ripper (45-298, 45-299)
* This product will be ordered from the manufacturer and will take some time to be delivered.
A Seam Ripper to enhance your handmade time
Awaji Island in Hyogo Prefecture, blessed with good soil, is one of the leading Kawara (Japanese traditional roof tiles) producing areas in Japan. Ripper is useful for cutting threads for seams and punching holes for buttonholes. The handle of the ripper is finished with Awaji Kawara.
This is a ceramic tile, one of the Awaji Kawara roof tiles, which is glazed and fired. The tiles have a smooth texture glossy color coat on the rustic texture. Two colors are available: gentle " White" and chic "Gray."
The handle is square in shape with a rounded edge. The length and thickness are designed to fit well into female hands. There is no small stress of rolling around in the middle of work. It has a nice weight and is not overly heavy to use.
Each has a silk tassel with gold threads that match the color of the glaze.
The seam ripper is a sharp blade made in Japan, and its cover is made of genuine leather with the Cohana logo engraved.
[ Producer ]
Awaji Kawara | Irakato / South Awaji City of Awaji Island
Irakato, located in Tsui, South Awaji City of Awaji Island, was established in 1950 and has inherited the Kawara (Japanese traditional roof tiles) manufacturing method from his grandfather's generation. Using good soil from the island, Irakato makes a wide variety of products in search of new possibilities for Kawara that add colors to everyday life.
[ Product size ]
Length 115mm, Width 10mm, Blade part length 40mm
* All measurements are for reference. Please note in advance that the actual dimensions of the product may slightly vary.
[ Package size ]
Width 67mm, Height 30mm, Depth 40mm
[ Materials ]
Ceramic, Steel, Silk, Polyester, Genuine leather, PFA, Epoxy resin
[ Handling Precautions ]
* Please do not use the product other than its intended use.
* There are individual differences in the finish of ceramics due to climate at the time of manufacture, soil, and natural minerals in the glaze.
* Discontinue use if cracks or chips appear on the ceramic handle.
* The handle has a rough part,not coated with glaze, so please be careful not to rub or drag it too hard as it may damage the surrounding objects.
* The cutting edge of the ripper is sharp, so please handle it with care.
* To prevent rusting, wipe off water well when the ripper's cutting edge gets wet.
* After use, store the product with the attached cover on the blade.
* The attached cover is made of genuine leather and therefore may stretch or shrink a little. Also wetting with water or sweat may cause color fading or stains.
* Avoid storing the product for long periods of time under strong ultraviolet rays or at high temperatures.
* The tassel made of silk may fade or discolor due to friction, moisture, or ultraviolet rays.
* Dropping or strong impact may cause damage.
* Keep out of the reach of infants.
Related Products : Cohana Products
* As our product is being sold in the actual shop and the online shop in parallel, there is a possibility that it may be sold out. Please kindly cancel the order if this happens.